College Admissions Guidance for High School Juniors
With junior year coming to a close, now is the perfect time to start planning for the college application process. A-List College Advisors take the stress and confusion out of the application process by assisting students with selecting colleges, writing their essays, and managing a timeline for key admissions deadlines.
Things to do before school finishes…
Before leaving school for the summer, juniors should:
- Have a plan in place for a meaningful and productive summer
- Have an initial college list of 10-15 schools
- Brainstorm for their college essay
- Ask two teachers for recommendations
Natasha’s college planning book recommendations:
A-List’s Director of College Advising Natasha has put together a list of college planning books she thinks you will find most useful. Check them out below:
- Fiske Guide to Colleges 2019
- Princeton Review’s The Best 384 Colleges
- Colleges That Change Lives: 40 Schools That Will Change the Way You Think About Colleges by Loren Pope
- The Hidden Ivies: 63 of America’s Top Liberal Arts Colleges and Universities by Howard Greene
- College Essay Essentials: A Step-by-Step Guide to Writing a Successful College Admissions Essay by Ethan Sawyer
A-List’s College Advisors can help you take on college admissions from start to finish. Whether you’re completely overwhelmed and need step-by-step guidance or you only require assistance with specific components of your application and/or essays, we’re here to help. Contact us at 646-889-1613 to get started or for more information.