A-List Education is a boutique educational services provider specializing in test preparation and advising programs for college bound students. We proudly partner with several schools and nonprofit organizations in the NYC metro area to provide test preparation classes to students that may not otherwise have access. We are currently seeking part-time teachers to deliver high quality SAT instruction on-site at our various partner schools and nonprofit organizations located throughout Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and the Bronx.
A-List classroom teachers are expected to commit to a minimum of one full SAT program per academic year with the opportunity to teach more as needed. Program lengths and hours vary dependent upon our partner’s needs, but they are typically comprised of 24 hours of classroom teaching time each, often broken down into 12 two-hour classes scheduled once weekly over the course of three to four months. Classes are typically held on weekday afternoons, early evenings and weekends.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with underserved youth. Experience in the classroom or with test preparation is also a plus.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience working with students
- Ability to teach all sections of the SAT
- Dynamic presentation skills and an ability to command a room of high school students
- Weekday availability between 2-6pm (additional weekend availability is a plus)
- Ability to commit to A-List for a minimum of one academic year (Sept-June)
- Ability to travel to programs located in Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and/or the Bronx
- Successful completion of a background check and DOE fingerprinting
- Authorized to work in the US
- Candidates will be required to complete and pass a practice SAT exam during the interview process
- Paid training is provided
- Curriculum materials are provided
- Teachers receive two different rates of pay that are dependent upon the task they are completing. The rate for teaching is $50/hour and the rate for training and preparation work is $15/hour.
- Travel reimbursements are available for round-trip train fare
- Future opportunity to cross-train to teach additional subjects such as the ACT, Regents, SSAT, ISEE, or SHSAT exams, writing workshops, or one-on-one tutoring may become available
Preference is given to candidates that submit cover letters. For immediate consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Additional job openings can be found at https://alisteducation.com/work-for-a-list/.
A-List is an equal opportunity employer. A-List considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.