- Press Release: A Move To Improve: Tennessee Educators Attend a Free Seminar on the ACT Hosted by A-List Education (9/6/17)
- Scott Farber quoted in Steve Cohen’s Observer article, Three Radical Proposals for a Broken College Admissions Process (4/15/15)
- Scott Farber prominently featured in Lakshmi Gandhi’s Metro NY article, Questions to Ask While Looking at Charter Schools (2/20/15)
- A-List Education featured in The National UAE: UAE parents urged to get familiar with changes to SAT exams (2/19/15)
- Press Release featured on Capital Business: A-List Education Convenes Seminar in Dubai on the Re-designed SAT Exam
- Press Release: Getting Students College-Ready with SAT/ACT Professional Development: Behind the Score Improvement Success at Manhattan Hunter Science High School (2/4/15)
- Press Release: A-List Education Convenes Seminar in Dubai on the Re-designed SAT Exam (2/2/14)
- Scott Farber’s thoughts on the Common Core prominently featured in Lakshmi Gandhi’s Metro NY article, Take Steps to Navigate Common Core (2/2/15)
- Scott Farber on Fox NY’s Good Day Street Talk: The college admission process can be quite overwhelming! Scott Farber, President and Founder of “A-List Education,” talks about how his business helps others master the admissions process and the dreaded SATs. (8/18/14)
- Scott Farber on Bloomberg Radio’s Taking Stock: Listen to Scott discuss the college essay, college admissions and what A-List has been up to! (7/9/14)
- Scott Farber talks A-List’s partnership with Boston Public Schools in this “Monday Night Talk” radio interview: Listen! (6/9/14)
- Scott Farber talks A-List on Good Day Mississippi (5/15/14):
- Scott Farber on Arise TV’s “The Arise Xchange”: At 16 minutes in, watch Scott Farber discuss the test prep industry, our SAT/ACT professional development in schools and nonprofits, and A-List’s aim to level the playing field. (5/5/14)
- Scott Farber on NBC News NY: Watch as he discusses future changes to the SAT test and A-List’s work with schools. (4/28/14)
- Scott Farber interviewed on FoxNews.com Live: Scott discusses the SAT/ACT test prep industry, changes to the SAT test, and even A-List’s SAT/ACT professional development services and international ventures. Watch it here! (4/14/14)
- Scott Farber interviewed on Bloomberg Radio’s Taking Stock discussing the SAT/ACT test preparation industry, an increasingly competitive college admissions atmosphere, the College Board’s future changes to the SAT test and how A-List partners with schools to bring students low cost, premium-quality test prep: A-List’s Farber Partners With Schools to Provide Data (3/24/14)
- Scott Farber quoted in the NY Times: A Quick Way to Cut College Costs (3/20/14)
- Press Release: A-List Education Professional Development Programs Proven to Raise Student SAT scores in the Tri-State Area by an Average up to 170 points (4/23/13)
- Press Release: A-List Education partners with Quintessentially Lifestyle to offer members exclusive high quality test preparation services, expert educational advising and tutoring (2/26/13)
- Press Release: A-List Education releases report on Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and SAT/ ACT College Entrance Exams (12/11/12)
- Scott Farber featured on the Weekend Today Show discussing tips to help get ready for the SAT. Watch for his mention of Vocab Videos and our flashcards on Study Blue! (4/29/12)
- Scott Farber featured on CNN: Scott discusses his take on the College Board’s new testing security measures. Aired 3/27/12.
- Scott Farber on NBC’s NY Nightly News: Aired the evening of 1/23/12 on NBC’s NY Nightly News with Chuck Scarborough. Scott Farber of A-List Education offers his advice for the SAT and discusses A-List’s wide-ranging educational offerings.
- A-List Mentioned in Scholastic Administrator: A-List’s SAT/ACT professional development is picking up steam, and recently we were mentioned in Scholastic’s Administrator magazine. As Common Core curricula continues to grow in importance, A-List has developed materials that blend SAT/ACT content and strategies into common core standards. We look at how ACT and SAT material align with the Standards and how they can be used in a classroom for that purpose. To read about A-List in Scholastic check out the last paragraph on page 48!
- A-List Education in the NY Times: A-List Education’s Nihal Parthasarathi recently plugged a popular A-List test prep assignment in a special NY Times feature, “Reader Idea | Developing Critical Thinking and Writing Skills for Test Prep.” We encourage students to prepare for the Critical Reading and Writing portions of the SAT and ACT by reading and crafting written responses to Times editorial pieces. In Nihal’s words, knowing that they’ll need to take a side and write a response, students are trained in “active reading.” This type of critical reading ability is essential to succeeding on any section of standardized tests that involves reading comprehension.
- Scott Farber on CBS News: As media outlets continue to report on the Long Island SAT cheating scandal and the College Board’s investigation into the matter, we are once again reminded of the intense pressures students feel to do well on college entrance exams like the SAT and ACT. A-List Education founder and president, Scott Farber, was called on by CBS News to offer his insight and expertise into the recently hot topic. Watch the video below to hear Scott’s thoughts as Jim Axelrod reports on the New York SAT cheating scandal that prompted The College Board to conduct an international review of SAT security procedures.
- Scott Farber on Fox News: Aired 11/10/11. College entrance exams remain a hot topic as investigations heighten into students cheating on the SAT and the ACT. Authorities looking into the matter have confirmed that as many as 35 students may be involved and that further arrests are expected. A-List’s president, Scott Farber, affirms that for many of these students, the threat of being caught does not outweigh the risk of not getting accepted into the colleges of their choice.
- A-List President, Scott Farber, interviewed on WPIX: A-List Education founder and president, Scott Farber, was recently interviewed by WPIX morning news. Watch below as he further discusses the Long Island SAT cheating scandal and the stresses and pressures that surround college entrance exams.
- Scott Farber featured on Weekend Today Show: A-List founder, Scott Farber, was featured on NBC’s Weekend Today Show discussing SAT prep and college admissions. College entrance exam test scores can be crucial to your child’s educational future. A-List Education’s tutors and admissions experts specialize in getting kids test ready and college ready. Listen to Scott’s advice for both test-takers and parents!
View more videos at: http://nbcnewyork.com.
- Scott Farber interviewed by WXBR1460: Scott Farber was interviewed by WXBR where he had the opportunity to talk about A-List’s extensive range of services: SAT, ACT, LSAT, SSAT, ISEE, & Regents tutoring, customized educational nonprofit programs, ACT and SAT professional development, and college application and essay services. Have a listen to learn more about A-List and its mission: Scott Farber_WXBR1460_interview
- Scott Farber quoted in The Daily Beast: Having tutored and worked with thousands of students applying to college (counting more than a few Great Neck kids as his clients), A-List Education founder, Scott Farber, was asked by numerous media outlets to comment on the events that took place. He tells The Daily Beast,
“College admission is enormously stressful and competitive. These kids work incredibly hard: getting good grades in their classes, improving their SAT scores, and excelling in their extracurricular activities. Sometimes the pressure gets to be too much and one or two go off the deep end.” While cheating is never excusable, with the college admissions environment more competitive than ever, it’s not surprising that students are feeling the pressure. According to U.S. Census figures released by the Pew Research Center, more kids than ever want to attend America’s colleges. About 11.5 million young adults—or nearly 40 percent of the nation’s 18 to 24 year olds—were enrolled in two- or four-year colleges as of October 2008 (the latest data available). There is more competition to get top spots at selective colleges than ever before. This whole scandal brings up another fundamental issue about college entrance exams and the entire admissions process. In the words of Mr. Farber, “The real issue for standardized tests and the college application process is the fundamentally unequal access to resources. We work with schools, educational non-profits, and community-based organizations across the country in an effort to level the playing field. This country cannot succeed if we continue to relegate students to second-class status simply because they don’t have the same opportunities.” Read the whole article from The Daily Beast.
- Vocab Videos featured on News 12 NJ: Watch the news segment below on News 12 NJ to see Vocab Videos in action at Paramus High School!
- A-List Education featured on New Jersey Education News: A-List Education Incorporates Teacher Training into New Breed of SAT Program at Two New Jersey High Schools: A-List Collaborates with Paramus High School and North Bergen High School on Unique SAT Programs Offered at No Cost to Students
I think A-List is a great organization. My tutor was positive and tailored the material to my learning style. She made learning each subject fun and presented new topics in an engaging fashion. Thank you so much to A-List for helping me achieve my personal best!
A-List gave me more than just practice tests and test-taking tips, though these were invaluable. My tutor connected with me on a personal level and helped me understand that I was capable of getting the score I wanted. Suddenly, I viewed my test-taking experience as a challenge, not a burden. I walked into my ACT with the confidence that I knew exactly how to conquer every aspect of the test.”
Mother of Phoebe C.
Both my children had an amazing experience with A-List! Steadily, she worked hard to improve her test scores. Taking the practice tests allowed her to gain confidence and learn to manage her time during the tests. Then a college advisor helped her write her college essays. She was an amazing guide who helped Phoebe focus and streamline her supplements and essays. Now she will be attending her dream college, Rice University, School of Architecture!