K-12 Teacher Training
A-List offers training in providing teacher knowledge and education leadership for K-12. Services are focused on evidence-based learning principles and practice which may be customized to meet the specific needs of your program. We work with a number of partner organizations to conduct cognitive coaching training for educators across all curricula, and works to build communication and collaboration among teachers to increase student achievement. Our organizations are pioneers in contributing to ground-breaking research and initiatives in the area of quality teaching and learning.
In partnership with KDSL Global, we offer guidance to early learning program administrators, coaches, teachers and families in providing quality care and education for young children. Services are focused on evidence-based early learning principles and practice which may be customized and expanded to meet the specific needs of individual programs.
Through our partnerships, we offer system-wide training in the following:
- Program assessment & quality improvement
- Classroom observation & needs assessment
- Program leadership
- Coach training & support
- Partnering with Families
- Data-based decision making
- Learning environment assessment & enhancement
For teacher education, professional development topics include:
- Practice-based coaching
- Training & self-assessment:
- Early Language and Literacy
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math)
- Social-Emotional Development/Preventing Challenging Behaviors
- Effective Teacher-Child Interactions
Our professional development sessions can consist of custom tailored courses, workshops, coaching, and even webinars. We also offer school improvement support for quality assurance, program review and revision, and curriculum enhancement.
Below are samples of tailored training sessions we have conducted:
- Math Program Review: Comprehensive review of a K-12 math program
- Common Core Math Practice Standards Teacher Survey: Discover how you are teaching the students the eight mathematical practices
- English Language Arts Program Review: Comprehensive review of K-12 literacy program
- English Language Arts Courses and Coaching: “Reader’s Workshop,” “Writer’s Workshop,” “Teaching English as an Additional Language,” “Fundamentals of Literacy”
- Common Core Standards English Language Arts: Understanding & Applying the Standards
- Science Program Review: Comprehensive review of a K-12 science program
- Social Studies Program Review: Comprehensive review of a K-12 social studies program
Complete our get started form to provide us with more information about your student. An A-List representative will be in touch with more information.
Dr. James M.
…There is a need for the type of program you have developed to be made available to every child regardless of income. This is why I have brought A-List into school districts I have been fortunate enough to lead: to train our teachers and provide the support necessary to improve our students’ scores.
A-List was engaging and substantive for our students. Each week our Dreamers were completely immersed in the class’s content…The sessions were poignant, enjoyable, and challenging and exactly what I had hoped for my Dreamers.
This was by far the most useful professional development session I’ve attended in my career.