Florida College Visits: Lynn University, University of Miami, Barry University
A-List Director of College Advising Anna Marie Smith recently made her way down to Florida and visited a few universities in the Miami area. For anyone potentially interested in attending college in the sunshine state, check out a few interesting facts about Lynn University, UMiami, and Barry University below.
- Great programs for students with learning differences – 25% of their student body receives support from Lynn’s Institute for Achievement and Learning.
- Apart from Florida, they have more students from NY than any other state.
- J-term offers a three-week course in January for hands-on learning or internships.
- Rolling admissions, and you can often receive your notification with 1-2 days.
- On the second floor of the Student Center Miami, there’s a napping pod – to recharge sleep-deprived, stressed-out students.
- UMiami’s general education requirements has been replaces by the Cognates Program, which allows students to group at least three courses that share a theme, such as a discipline, a problem, a topic, a region, a method, a time period, another language, or an experience abroad.
- There’s a farmer’s market every Wednesday on campus outside the library! Plus, two Starbucks on campus.
- An annual Homecoming Week tradition involves a boat burning, which kicks off the beginning of Hurricane Howl celebrations.
- Private, small, Catholic college with great scholarship opportunities, which are based on leadership and GPA.
- Great business programs
- Minimum 2.0 GPA for most programs for guaranteed admissions